כי לא מחשבותי מחשבותיכם

כִּי לֹא מַחְשְׁבוֹתַי מַחְשְׁבוֹתֵיכֶם, וְלֹא דַרְכֵיכֶם דְּרָכָי

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Recommended Posts of the Day

Some of these are not new, but I nevertheless think they are great reads for skeptics:

Vagshal's revision of the history of the Vilna Talmud, or, One of the most egregious examples of censorship I have ever seen, by 'Mississipi Fred McDowell', from On the Main Line. He exposes Vagshall's pious fraud.

Load-bearing Beliefs vs. Cosmetic Beliefs, by Jewish Atheist. He explains the difference between load-bearing arguments (reasons) and cosmetic arguments (excuses) when engaging believers.

Religion is Not Really About Hope, by John Shook from the Center for Inquiry. John explains that: "Non-religious people can live just as positive and hopeful lives as religious believers. Believers doubt this atheist attitude, and love to bring up the topic of heaven in response.".

And here's for some great posts by DovBear:
What are the most absurd Charedi beliefs?
What is Ruach ra’ah?
Yaakov Horowitz’s Campaign – And Why We Need to do More

UPDATE: I almost forgot about this gem!
I’m in Kollel, but My Life is a Sham, by Modern Orthoprax & Heterodox.
http://modernorthoprax.blogspot.com/2011/03/im-in-kollel-but-my-life-is-sham.html

If you have any suggestions for good posts, please don't hesitate to mail me at undercoverkofer@gmail.com.

5 comments:

  1. "load bearing beliefs"... I like that term. It's so appropriate. So many of the convoluted rationalizations I've heard in the religious world to justify egregious or destructive behavior are a "load"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you for letting me unload :-D

    ReplyDelete